Things that are generally entertaining (as determined by me): basically, my dumping ground for links. (Looking for the actual humor pages?)
Anyway, some great places on the Internet (warning: mostly created by me):
- Adithya Appreciation Website (the 404 page is also worth viewing)
- 2018 MATE Documentation Well, would you look at that? 5th place technical documentation at internationals! If you want the LaTeX source, we may be able to work something out.
- Linnaeus: CSE software design project
- Blog for English assignment
- am study ornith
- look, I have a university website!
Some fun local resources:
- Autodesk Inventor showcase!
- Some school-related stuff
- an excellent scholarly publication
- some good reads that I've compiled; not all are necessarily "fun," but I hope that all are interesting
As few may know, I like Latin. As fewer may know, I like computers. As fewest may know, I have applied both of these arcane arts to produce "pirated" .pdf editions of the Cambridge Latin Course textbooks: Unit 1, Unit 2, Unit 3, Unit 4. Beware, however: the vocab lists may not match up exactly. I have considered manually correcting them, but quite frankly, curating 48 vocab lists by hand is not exactly how I envision myself spending my free time. If you'd like more details on the technical side of this, see the Github repository.
On another note about Latin and computers, it looks like I'm not the only one! The other day, I tried out MIT-Scheme, a nice Lisp implementation, and got a pleasant surprise when the interpreter talked to me in Latin!
While on the topic of Latin and computers, I took a look at the source repository for Whitaker's Words. It compiled on Debian Strech (x86_64) with FSF Gnat 6.3. I packaged it into an AppImage (my first time trying that), so now I think it should run on most Linuxes? You can download it here and try it out.
If you've made it this far, you probably suspect that something is amiss. Perhaps you are convinced that there is some underlying conspiracy that drives the world. Perhaps you would not be wrong.